I am a driven individual with a strong academic background in Pharmaceutical Sciences. With a BSc in Pharmacy, I have gained comprehensive knowledge in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, and Medicinal Chemistry. My master's studies at University of Nottingham allowed me to explore the drug discovery process, from target identification to FID dose estimation. During my time at Nottingham, I developed a keen interest in cancer research and have been working to identify and validate new biological targets to tackle this disease. With my passion for innovation and discovery, I am dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of those in need.
My recent research has focused on uncovering the role of nuclear hormone receptor (NHR) cofactors in breast cancer progression. I am also highly interested in cancer metabolism, EMT, and metastasis.
My areas of expertise include:
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of techniques such as cell culture, western blotting, and siRNA transfection.
- A strong background in developing and executing in vitro models for drug screening.
- Proficiency in screening small molecules in plate-based formats.
- Comprehensive understanding of various cell biology techniques, as well as luminescence and fluorescence-based assays.
- Competency in imaging and image analysis.
- Extensive experience in IHC/IF assays optimisation.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Doctor of Philosophy, Pharmacology , The University of Manchester
Award Date: 19 Apr 2023
Master in Science, Drug Discovery and Pharmaceutical Sciences , University of Nottingham
Award Date: 15 Dec 2016
Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy , Umm Al-Qura University
Award Date: 15 Jun 2013
Research Beacons, Institutes and Platforms
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer metabolism
- Breast Cancer, Cell Signalling, Tumour Initiation, Normal Development
- Nuclear receptors
- Breast Biology, Breast Cancer Stem Cells, Endocrine Resistance, Breast Cancer Prevention
- Cancer sciences
- Targeted therapy
- Drug discovery
- 1 Similar Profiles
Almazroee, K., 1 Aug 2023
Student thesis: PhdFile