I am currently researching harm and vulnerability experienced by children who go missing in England, as part of my Criminology PhD. As part of this, I am exploring how natural language programming (NLP) and machine learning (ML) can be used to assist in this research and with practitioner responses to children who go missing.
During my Data Science MSc, I researched the detection of hate speech against women and immigrants on Twitter in English and Spanish.
Missing Persons Community Involvement
- I assisted with the creation of the Missing Persons Information Hub (https://mpih.org.uk/) and continue to work on its development.
- I attend regular meetings with the community of practitioners and academics working on 'missing persons', including:
- NPCC Missing Persons Expert Reference Group
- English Coalition for Runaway Children
I'm an experienced IT professional with a Data Science MSc, Computing BSc and 20 years of experience working in the IT industry, in the UK and abroad. Most of my time has been spent performing Business Analysis, but I've also stepped into associated roles including Development Manager, Programme Manager and Architect. More recently, I've taken on the role of a hybrid Business Analyst, Data Engineer, & Machine Learning Engineer to develop data solutions to organisational problems.
For more information, please visit my personal website: foxnic.github.io
- Missing Persons
- Missing Children
- School Exclusion
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning