First year PhD student in Chemistry, studying CO2 conversion into useful compounds - particularly formaldehyde: an important material for industry which is rarely observed as a CO2 reduction product due to it's highly reactive nature.
Previous research involved investigating cobalt-based molecular electrocatalysts for the water splitting reaction, which offers a way to store renewable energy in the form of chemical bonds.
MSc. Natural Sciences specialising in Chemistry
University of York 2017 - 2021
2:1 (With a First Class grade in my Master's project)
Prizes and awards
- Mathématiques Sans Frontieres (2016) Gold Medal
- Mathématiques Sans Frontieres (2015) Silver Medal
- Brazilian Astronomy and Astronautic Olympiad (2016) Bronze Medal
State of Parana Awards:
- Mathematics Olympiad (2016) Bronze Medal
- Physics Olympiad (2013) Bronze Medal
- Chemistry Olympiad (2015) Honourable Mention
Federal University of Parana:
- Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering Entrance Exam (2017) 1st Place Medal
PhD project supervisors: Prof. Robert Dryfe - The University of Manchester (Main supervisor) and Dr. Andrew Logsdail - Cardiff University (Co-supervisor).
Master's project supervisor: Dr. Richard Douthwaite - University of York.
Research Beacons, Institutes and Platforms
- Sustainable Futures