Foreign body ingestion is a common presentation in clinical practice, seen predominantly in children. Most foreign bodies pass through the gastrointestinal tract without any additional morbidity. We present a case of gastric perforation secondary to the ingestion of a small plastic bag. We discuss the likely pathophysiological process underlying perforation secondary to plastic bag ingestion, which is most commonly associated with the concealment of narcotics.
|Journal||Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England|
|Publication status||Published - Feb 2016|